OnSwipe redirect code

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) survey -- My inputs

I just finished the MDN survey and here is what I said in that last box which was put there for the people like us to pen down our rants. ;-)

  • Project documentation needs improvement. It has improved and is improving, but a lot still needs to be done specifically about the oldest lines of code.
  • I hear from some of the core developers that there are lots of hacks which make the code not entirely predictable. These need to be removed and replaced by proper, reliable code. Again the cleaning is going on, am just saying that it is really important so that there is some sort of SLA based on which people can develop applications.
  • Consolidation of the content on MDC and MozEdu so that we can have a "The Mozilla Book", which any beginner can go through and dive into Mozilla related development -- either the platform or the browser or the add-ons or anything.
  • Finally, making various Mozilla components available in the form of easily pluggable library modules and step by step guides telling us how to use them.

I do not know if any of this is useful to anyone else in the community, but for me, these appeared to be very important based on my association with Moziila for about 2.5 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment